Feb 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by 

This weeks topic:
Reasons I Love Being a Blogger/Reader
in no particular order:

Helpling Indie Authors
When I first got my kindle almost 2 years ago was when I really started discovering the world of Independent Publishing.  I started reading a lot of books that were not traditionally published and found some of them to be amazing! Through social media I was able to connect and have become friends with a few.  After a while I started thinking I really wanted to start a blog to help some of them out with promotion. I have really enjoyed it and I love the feeling of helping others. 


Working as a team with Banana 
One of the things that makes our blog unique is that I share it with my son. On occasion, my daughters will help with book and movie reviews as well.  I didn't get the blog going until my son (Banana) showed interest in helping me.  I had no idea where to start and he was a huge help in getting everything going and he does a great job on everything he works on for the blog.  I'm blessed to have him as my partner.

Sharing books I love and my views on them
I really like reviewing books.  I love telling people about the things I love about them and also about some of the things I don't.  If I can help people make decisions about what is right for them then it is a win for everyone because I enjoy doing it so much!


Challenging my self with new posts
I enjoy trying to change things up every once in a while on the blog as well as the challenge of new posts and especially Top Ten Tuesday!  Sometimes these can be really hard to come up with and it is fun to always give it a try.  Sometimes I even enlist family members to help me out so we can make all 10!
Reading gives me an escape
I love how reading gives me an escape from real life.  I love thinking of going different places and getting lost in a story or a world that doesn't even exist.  I love feeling connected to characters that do things I would never do because I can live vicariously through them.


Being able to read early copies of books
Stack Of Books Clip ArtOne huge perk of being a blogger is that you can sometimes get advance copies of books for review.  I won't lie, this is one of my favorite things especially when it is an author I love.  It isn't the reason I blog, but it is a nice bonus.


Feeling of Accomplishment
I love having a sense of accomplishment about the things that I do.  I like to think I am doing positive things with my life, and I like how it feels when I get posts completed especially if it one I have spent a lot of time on.  I have learned how to actually set up and make a blog from scratch!  That is knowledge I didn't have months ago so that in itself is a huge accomplishment for me.


Blogging Friendships
Girl Friends Clip ArtI have made so many friends while blogging.  You would almost think that the blogging community would be competitive, but I have found it to be friendly, accepting and helpful.    I am grateful for these relationships and know they are real friendships that I will have for life now.  I have a "blogging sister", Amber at Paradise of Pages and I love her so much!  She has helped me so many times and I am so grateful for her.  Make sure you check her page out as she is amazing!

Author Friendships
I have met authors that I love and are willing to help me in my blogging endeavor . This blog would not even exist, most likely, without the urging of author Tiffany King.  She gave me the final push to get things going and I'm so grateful.  I have become very close with Nikki Godwin and I love to recommend her books.  She is an amazing writer and an even more amazing person. It still stuns me that through social media you can actually talk to amazing authors who's books you love and I freaking fangirl when someone like Rachel Harris, Katie McGarry or Leigh Ann Kopans tweet me not only about their books, but just about life in general.  Authors can be very giving with their time, talents and also resources when you ask and I am so grateful and blessed to have relationships with so many.  

Future
It's fun for me to think about the future of the blog and what things we may be able to do.  I know Banana is only going to be around for a couple more years before he graduates and I look forward to including my girls more and more as they get older if they want to help.  My 8yo has Coconut's Corner for reviewing children's books she enjoys and wants to share with others.  I look forward to what the future holds and hope you enjoy going there with me as a reader.



Now it's your turn.  Tell me the thing you like about being a blogger or a reader and maybe even the things you like about our blog or you would like to see us do in the future.


20 comments:

  1. I really love your post :-) I agree with many of your points. I feel that reading is a great escape that we all need sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't read at all until 8 years ago and now I don't know how I ever survived! Reading is the best! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  2. I definitely love the ARC thing, but I've been so slammed with books for review as well as that I buy that I've kind of put a hold on receiving them unless I can't live without that ARC. I try to be fair if I know I can't read it anytime soon so someone else can get the chance. I also LOVE that you do your blog with Banana. I know if I was in that situation, it would be awesome to bond with my child in that way!!

    I also love my shout out :) I feel so special to have met you and gotten to know your family a little bit too!! You guys always make me smile and I know no matter what, I will always have you all as friends!! <3

    Amber

    P.S. You've been killing these Top Tens!! You are a natural!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best Amber! Xoxo! Thanks for always coming over to comment!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  3. I love this post, can relate so much to all the points you've raised! :D Great job :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm heading over to check out your post right now!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  4. I think my favorite thing about blogging is making blog friends (I mean you're right, Amber is pretty awesome). We have a lot of our list in common though. There are just so many great reasons to love what we do! I think its so awesome that you work on this blog with your son. What a great way to connect and bond! Great list :)

    Amanda @ i solemnly swear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Amber is the best and I found your blog because of her too! I'm sure we will have a lot of books in common as well if you and Amber like the same. It really is fun to blog with my son. He is fantastic and we like to have fun with it.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  5. What a great list! I completely agree that blogging AND reading give a great sense of accomplishment, from finishing a book to posting a new book review.
    Check out my TTT list: http://booksavvyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I like that now when I read I don't feel complete until I write my review. It has been a way to complete my process and share with everyone the books I love. Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  6. Great picks :) I love the sense of accomplishment I get from blogging, it's a great feeling. Escaping into a book is my favourite thing to do, it can make you forget all of your troubles for a few hours. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There isn't always time or $$ to take a real vacation so at least you can read and get away! Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  7. I love the escapism too, sometimes I can completely forget where I am and just dive head first into a book!
    ­ MY TTT
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally love going places in books. It is great to visit unrealistic places and also know where you would never want to go.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  8. I love this topic and seeing everyone's reasons for being a reader and blogger.
    Awesome list <3

    Here's our TTT
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been a fun week with the TTT! Thanks for coming by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  9. I love the escapism of reading too. :) Also getting to live as many lives as I possibly can! I mean, gosh, you can go almost anywhere and be anyone in a book. It's unbelievably awesome. Here's my TTT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's fun to be in different places through the books we read. Sometimes it lets you know where you DON'T want to live as well!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete
  10. It's so great getting to meet people through books and blogging. Especially authors - they really are my rock stars! I love your blog name - it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! We wanted to try and be original. :) I love meeting authors. It is the coolest and they are so down to earth. It really is the best.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Kristalyn

      Delete